3 weeks ago
3 days ago
Planning to buy a new child car seat? Want to help improve child safety? Take part in a study and earn $100 cash back on your car seat! Please note that the listed car seat price of $339 is AFTER the $100 back.
NeuRA (Neuroscience Research Australia), is conducting an important study on child car seat safety. Recent research indicates that 50% of car seats have errors in how they are used. Through this study, NeuRA aims to identify ways to reduce the high level of errors in car seat usage and reduce the risk of injuries in children in the event of a crash.
Who can take part?
NeuRA is looking for parents who are planning to purchase a new child car seat. Participants do need to live within 2 hours of Sydney, have a current driver’s license and be one of the child’s primary carers. The two seats in the study are the Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq (convertible) $249 for 0-4 years or the Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO $439 for 6 months-8 years.
1. We talk on the phone and check if you are eligible.
2. You purchase the car seat online through a secure and encrypted payment website (E-way).
3. We will deliver the car seat to you within 5 working days, along with some study materials.
4. We then leave you to use your car seat for 6 months.
5. After 6 months, we will get in touch and arrange a home visit at a time that suits you. We will do a safety check of the car seat, and do a quick survey. We will give you feedback if anything could be done more safely. The home visit takes about one hour.
That's it! After the home visit, we will notify E-way, and they will refund $100 to the account or credit card you used to purchase the car seat.
For more information
If you’d like to register for the study or find out more, text ‘car seat study’ to 0488 824 611 or visit our study website: https://www.neura.edu.au/clinical-trial/car-seat-study